If Jesus was not God in the flesh, then He never could have been our Salvation from sin. When He died, He would have been just like any other person who died for a good cause. His death would not have given any more salvation to us than our best friend dying for us. The Church of Jesus Christ would be of no value to anyone. The message of love and grace the Church preaches would be a good song in the night. The blood of Jesus would not be able to “cleanse us from all sin.” The Bible would be a worthless book. If Jesus is not God in the flesh, then the best we can do is “eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.”
If Jesus is indeed God in the flesh, we have a great hope for this life as well as for the one to come. Take courage! Here is some indisputable evidence that Jesus Christ is perfect God and perfect man:
1. The Old and New Testament Scriptures confess that Jesus is God in the flesh. In Isaiah 9:6 the Son that is “born unto us” is referred to as “Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, Was Jesus a dissident The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” In Daniel 7:9-14 we see the Son of Man being given an everlasting kingdom that “will not pass away.” We are told to pray, “Our Father which art in heaven, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Compare Isaiah 7:14 with Matthew 1:23. Emmanuel means “God with us.” In John 1:1-3, 14 we see Jesus was God and that He became flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16 tells us “God was manifest in the flesh.” In 1 John 5:7 we are told The Father, The Word and the Holy Spirit are one. This confirms the John 1:1-3 Scripture above. These verses would indicate Jesus is God in the flesh.
2. Jesus claimed He was God in the flesh. When Jesus told the religious leaders of Israel that “before Abraham was I am” they were going to stone Him to death for blasphemy. This statement made Jesus equal with God. When Phillip asked Jesus to show His disciples the Father, Jesus said, “He that has seen Me has seen the Father.” He said that He was one with the Father. When the high priest commanded Jesus to tell them whether He was the Christ, the Son of God, Jesus told him He was and that “Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.” For this He was condemned to die for blasphemy. Why would Jesus die for an empty confession?
3. The works of Jesus proved He was God in the flesh. Jesus had authority over nature and demons. He healed the blind, caused the deaf to hear, and the lame to walk. He calmed the raging sea, and fed thousands with a boy’s lunch. He raised people from the dead. Lazarus had been dead for 4 days before Jesus raised him from the dead. Jesus cast out demons from demon-possessed people. One man was possessed by 6000 demons. They all left him at Jesus’ command. Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil.
4. Jesus’ sinless nature proves that He is God in the flesh. A regular human being is born with a sin nature. Jesus was sinless. He challenged His enemies to find sin in His life. None of them could come up with any. Pilate called Jesus a “just man.” The centurion who watched Jesus die said, “Truly this was the Son of God.” He was indeed perfect God and perfect man.
5. Transformed lives would prove that Jesus is God in the flesh. Without a perfect sacrifice, we could never expect to have peace with God. Jesus was that perfect sacrifice. When we turn from our sins and accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord, we become a new creation in Christ Jesus. We are delivered from our sins and we take on the nature of Jesus. Old things are passed away and all things become new. There are multiplied millions of people who have been transformed through Jesus. This is a powerful testimony that Jesus is the perfect God-man.
6. The fact that Satan is fighting against Jesus is a strong proof that Jesus is God in the flesh. Satan is determined to do everything in his power to destroy the human race. He hates us. If Jesus were not God in the flesh, He would have no power over Satan. Satan would not waste his time trying to keep people away from Jesus. Satan knows Jesus is God in the flesh. According to James 2:19 the demons believe there is one God and tremble at the thought.
7. Ungodly people’s hatred of Jesus is a strong proof that Jesus is God in the flesh. Jesus said that if people hated Him, they will hate us also. We notice this is the truth. In our day, there is a growing hatred toward Jesus and His people. We are told we cannot pray in Jesus’ name in public. We are seeing Christians treated like second-rate citizens more and more. Our children are being expelled from schools for wearing shirts that tell about Jesus. The Bible has been treated like the plague for some time. Our Christian holidays, that lift up the Lord Jesus, are being purged from our country. It is not Christmas vacation any more in many places. It is called a winter break. Every other religion can be expressed in our schools except the Christian faith. Need we say more? This is a strong proof that Jesus is God in the flesh.
There are other proofs that Jesus is perfect God and perfect man. The same One Who got tired and had to sleep was able to turn water into wine and raise the dead. He said to the angry waves of the sea, “peace, be still” and all at once there was a “great calm.”
We need Jesus today more than any other time in the history of our world. Read John 14:6 and Acts 4:12 to see that Jesus is our only hope. Without Him we are at the mercy of Satan and his followers. They have no mercy. We had better be careful that we do not disrespect our only way out of sin and its consequences. The best thing we can do for ourselves and others is to turn back to God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus is not our enemy. God’s redeemed people are not our enemies. Any of us who have never accept Jesus as our own personal Savior and Lord need to do so today.